WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are very small, completely safe and secure text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (e.g. Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) then sends these files back to the website or application every time you return so that your user personal settings can be recognised. Cookies are useful and help website developers and companies improve your website browsing experience. Some cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to move around the site or to provide certain basic features. Other types of cookies are used to monitor and improve our website’s functionality and performance.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Allow interaction between our website and social networks like Facebook.
- Gather anonymous data about our users and the way they interact with our website to serve relevant and functional content.
- Continually improve our website for you.
- We do not sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
WHAT COOKIES WE USE ON OUR WEBSITE
- Anonymous analytics cookies: Whenever a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These help us find out whether or not you have visited our website before, how many individual unique users visit the site, what pages they look at most frequently etc. Analytics provide anonymous user behaviour information.
- Social Website cookies: Our website allows you to ‘Like’ and share content on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter. This functionality is enabled through use of third party cookies. In this case, privacy implications vary and are dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen when registering with the social media sites. Our site enables sharing through Facebook and Twitter.
- Session Cookies: Session cookies are used for users’ movement through the website. They allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. Session cookies are not stored on your computer. They expire when you close your web browser.
- Geo-targeting cookies: Our website allows purchases in various currencies depending on your location. In order to display the correct prices and content to users around the world, we use geo-targeting cookies to identify what country is your web browser request sent from.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL COOKIES
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies on your device, you can do this in your browser settings:
If you use a browser that is not listed above, try the “Help” section of your browser.
- Your Personal Data
- Updating your personal information
- Links to Third Parties’ Sites
(a) The Site is a UK-based website and we take reasonable care to comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’) relating to the personal information you supply to us.
(b) For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is The Walpole Committee Limited, a company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales under company number 02519655, whose registered office is at 1 Southwark Bridge, London, SE1 9HL.
(a) If you set up an account in order to book and pay for an event organized by us (‘Walpole Event’), we may ask you to provide us with the following personal information: your title, first name, surname, company, position, billing address, credit or debit card details and expiry date, daytime telephone number, address, town/city, postcode and country. You may also provide us with personal information if you contact us with a query. Except as set out below, we will not sell, distribute or disclose your personal information without your consent, unless required or permitted to do so by law.
(c) Except as set out below, we will only use your personal information in order to deal with any query which you raise regarding the Site or any Walpole Event, and for administrative and marketing purposes.
(d) We may share your personal information with carefully selected business partners, provided you have given us consent to do so.
If any of your personal information changes, please notify us at the above Contact email address.
We may send you email communications containing details of similar events those which you have booked with us, unless you have let us know that you do not wish to receive such communications.
responsibility for the protection of any data supplied to other sites.
The Site uses a security system that protects your personal information from unauthorized use. However, as no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
The content of this Site is owned by or licensed to The Walpole Committee Limited, 2008-2012. All rights reserved.