Walpole British Luxury Membership
Membership is by invitation and recommendation from an existing member. Strict membership criteria apply.
There are five levels of entry, characterised by a shared agenda, structured to reflect different member needs and tiered to reflect the stages of brand development.
Top tier companies who share Walpole’s aims to promote British luxury, have credible British presence and can offer expertise and services of interest to members across a range of professions in a mutually beneficial relationship. These large companies are drawn from the following sectors: accountancy, private and corporate banking, advertising, law, management consultancy, property, public relations, recruitment consultancy.
These are internationally recognised brands with British origins (but need not be British owned) that exemplify the highest standards of quality, style, design, craftsmanship, creativity, service and innovation.
Luxury Categories for core members: fashion and accessories, retail, jewellery and watches, food and drink, fragrance and beauty, hospitality and leisure, automotive, media and publishing, interiors and design, art, antiques, auctioneers and luxury services.
Friends are cultural and representative bodies whose reputation and work enhances the awareness of Britain’s worldwide excellence in their fields.
Brands of Tomorrow
A unique mentoring programme, Brands of Tomorrow is open to aspiring luxury companies that demonstrate the capacity and desire to develop into full members with a turnover of under £2m. After an application and interview process, chosen brands are taken through a 12-month programme of networking and mentorship to help them reach their full potential. This membership is limited to eight brands per year. After completing their year of free mentorship, Brands of Tomorrow are invited to join Walpole at a reduced member fee until they reach full eligibility for core membership.
International Associate Members is an exclusive group of a small number of luxury international brands who would like to be associated with Walpole, network with members and attend our events. International associates must have a strong retail presence in the UK, an international reputation and a minimum turnover of £2m in the UK.
NETWORKING & INFORMATION SHARING
- Prestige through association with other British Luxury Brands
- Access to member companies at boardroom level for knowledge-sharing and support
- Cross-industry marketing, networking and PR opportunities – within and beyond the membership
- Shared information with other member companies and the opportunity to exchange ideas, pool resources and access each others customer bases in pursuit of new markets
- Access to soon-to-be-launched members-only Walpole intranet, which includes member database, member news, information on Walpole activities, a marketing forum and industry news service provided by FT.com
- Monthly member newsletter, detailing Walpole activities, promotional opportunities and member news
- Dedicated page for each member on Walpole website www.thewalpole.co.uk with link through to members own site
- Use of Walpole Mark of Luxury on stationary, advertising and point of sale to reinforce company reputation
- Opportunity to feature brand in annual Walpole Yearbook, an original and striking publication with a print run of 28’000, distributed via Walpole members, the Walpole database, BA Business Lounges and key London retail outlets
- To comment to the press on behalf of brand, Walpole and the British luxury industry through Walpole’s business media relations programme
- To promote brand to affluent and influential guests at high profile networking events and receptions overseas (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, New York)
- Access to consumer and trade press and buyers through British Luxury Showcases in London and New York
- Access to an international network of experts to help facilitate business development overseas
- Opportunity to attend comprehensive programme of Walpole events throughout the year, click to see our events.
- Cost effective, high-profile promotional opportunities through events and initiatives such as FT ‘How to Spend It’ advertorial
- Opportunities to sponsor or host Walpole events at own premises
- Speaker opportunities alongside prominent speakers at high-profile industry events