BROWN’S LONDON ART WEEKEND’S PROGRAMME 1st – 3rd July 2016
The third annual Brown’s London Art Weekend will take place in Mayfair and St. James’s from 1st – 3rd July 2016. For 150 years Mayfair’s galleries and auction houses have welcomed the world’s greatest art collectors, and this event is the ultimate celebration of this London heartland, rich with art galleries. Experience the unrivalled quality and diversity of this key art market destination as over 60 galleries and auction houses open their doors to the public for this exciting event. With FREE talks, walks, and over 60 exhibitions to see, Brown’s London Art Weekend offers a unique opportunity for art lovers to explore the capital’s greatest private galleries.
Brown’s London Art Weekend is once again led by Walpole member Brown’s Hotel, situated on Albemarle Street, surrounded by the many galleries taking part in the event. The understated elegance of Brown’s Hotel and its location make it a popular choice for art collectors, gallery owners and artists.
• GALLERY HOP! Friday 1st July. 6pm-8pm: All are invited to enjoy out of hours access (6pm-8pm) to a collection of Mayfair gallery previews, followed by a soiree in Burlington Arcade (8pm-10pm) hosted by La Perla.
See www.brownslondonartweekend.com for the details of this special evening of art activity to mark the start of Brown’s London Art Weekend. #Mayfairgalleryhop
• BROWN’S ART TOURS: Throughout the weekend there will be a number of the already established and respected Brown’s Art Tours taking place. These are open to all, cost £60 per person and include: Refreshments in The Library at Brown’s Hotel on arrival, a tour of 4 galleries in the surrounding Mayfair area guided by one of the principals of the partaking galleries, followed by a set 3 course lunch in HIX Mayfair (with wine). Advance booking is required. To book, call +44 (0) 207 518 4172 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
• MAYFAIR TOURS: We are delighted to announce that Colin Sheaf Chairman of Bonhams, La Perla, and Maeve Doyle, Art Dealer, will each be hosting their own curated tours of Mayfair. These are free to attend but guests are urged to sign up via www.brownslondonartweekend.com as space is limited.
• BROWN’S TALKS PROGRAMME: On Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd July Brown’s Hotel will be hosting an art talks programme to include:
o 11am Saturday 2nd July: A new look at light: how art lighting can be perfected at home with the help of modern technology, with TM Lighting.
o 2pm Saturday 2nd July: Russell Young: Forever Young Contemporary Icons
o 11am Sunday 3rd July: Photography: James Hyman in Conversation with Marisa Bellani
• RECOMMENDED WALKS: Paul Smith, Nicole Farhi, Gemma Levine and Kate Goodwin are amongst those who have recommended themed art walks around their favourite Mayfair galleries.
• RA BURLINGTON GARDENS FESTIVAL: Saturday 2 July 2016, 12 noon – 6pm. The Royal Academy takes to the streets for a vibrant day-long free arts festival. Presenting artists’ installations, practical workshops and performances, street-food, music and entertainment. Taking inspiration from Yinka Shonibare’s monumental artwork RA Family Album, which wraps Burlington Gardens facade building during the current construction which forms part of the RA’s 250th anniversary redevelopment. The festival showcases the RA as an inclusive place for artists, creativity and learning. Come along for an afternoon of lively, free street entertainment, in association with Brown’s London Art Weekend.
• SUMMER NIGHTS AT THE RA: Saturday 2 July 2016, 6 - 10pm Extended opening hours for the Summer Exhibition and David Hockney RA: 82 Portraits & 1 Still-life. Enjoy an evening drink in the courtyard before a late-night viewing of the exhibitions.