Marriott Hotel County Hall
Opened in 1922 by King George V and Queen Mary as the headquarters of the local government in London.
During the 1980s the then powerful Greater London Council, led by Ken Livingstone, was locked in conflict with the British Government. Since the Parliament buildings were just across the river from County Hall, the fascia of County Hall frequently served as a billboard for anti-government slogans. When the government of Margaret Thatcher abolished the GLC in 1986, County Hall lost its role as the seat of London’s governance.
The London Marriott Hotel County Hall opened for business on 6th July 1998 and was officially opened by Mr. J.W. Marriott Jnr, Chairman and President of Marriott International Inc. on 23rd September 1998.
Offering 206 guestrooms and suites, 11 meeting rooms and a 600 square feet fitness area including 25m indoor pool with natural daylight, London Marriott Hotel County Hall is also home to the best Steakhouse on the Southbank. Gillray’s Steakhouse & Bar, accessible directly from Queenswalk is offering local quality produce and the best Aberdeen Steak in the area while taking in the views of London’s River Thames and London Eye. For those looking for a more intimate setting The Library invites guests to enjoy daily afternoon tea or dinner overlooking River Thames and Houses of Parliament.
Entirely renovated in 2016, all suites capture the subtle essence of great British style whilst echoing the building’s incredible history and creating a stimulating environment in the very heart of London. All suites feature upgraded bathroom experiences, lobbies with mosaic flooring and bespoke wallpapers showing historic maps of London. Guests can also enjoy access to our exclusive M Club Lounge, offering complimentary drinks and canapés.